Freshwater biodiversity has suffered an enormous decline. Since 1970, the populations of freshwater species have plunged an 84%.
Since its foundation in 2014, Andrena has funded the restoration of 9 wetlands in Spain.
- A deep dive into freshwater. Living planet report 2020. WWF
- WWF. 2018. Living Planet Report – 2018: Aiming Higher. Grooten, M. and Almond, R.E.A.(Eds). WWF, Gland, Switzerland.
- Understanding of water resilience in the Anthropocene, Falkenmark, Erlandsson & Rockström, Journal of Hidrology X 2 (2019)
- Freshwater Information Platform. The network for freshwater research
- Informe sobre l’Estat i les Tendències del Medi Natural a Catalunya. ICHN, 2010
- The Mediterranean Wetlands Initiative
- Mapping and Assessment of Ecosystems and their Services (Biodiversity Information System for Europe)
- European Pond Conservation Network
- The Status and Distribution of Freshwater Fish Endemic to the Mediterranean Basin. IUCN Freshwater Biodiversity Assessment Programme